Many Google account users usually upload their profile pictures when creating the account for the first time or later accidentally. You probably uploaded the photo accidentally or intentionally and have been trying to remove it with no immediate results. Read on to find out how.
Remove Profile Picture from Google Account
Did you know that the image you upload in the profile picture space will be available across all services linked to your Google account? This is because you use the same account to sync across all other Google services such as Hangouts, Gmail, Google Meet, and YouTube. If you don’t have the video call option in Google Meet, the app will display your Google account’s profile picture.
Don’t worry if you don’t like the image or the photo if you know how to change or remove the profile picture on your Google account. It is pretty much easier than your thoughts!
How to remove photo from google account on PC, iOS, and Android Devices
We have listed the PC, iOS, and Android because they are the most popular web and mobile operating systems.
How to remove picture from google account on personal Computer
To remove your google account profile photo/picture using a desktop computer or a PC, follow the following steps;
1. Open your computer browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari) and paste Accounts.Google.com, which will give you an option to sign in to the account if you aren’t already logged in. Fill in your credentials, including the password in the given spaces to log into your account.
2. Once logged in, look to your left to see a list of options with Personal information topping the list. Click on it. On the other screen, to your right-click on Go to about me. It is usually located under ‘Choose what others see’ and printed in blue font.
3. The link will open a Personal information page with all your private details. Click on the profile picture to control what other people see about your page. Two buttons will appear ‘Change’ with a pen symbol to the left and ‘Remove’ with a dustbin symbol to the right.
4. Click on the ‘Remove’ button, and a pop-up window will appear. Choose no photo to remove the image in your profile picture. Wait for the system to update the changes.
How to remove photo from google account on Android
Many Americans and the global population own Android devices because they are relatively cheaper than their iOS counterparts and probably easy to use. To remove your profile picture in the google account using an android smartphone or tablet, follow the following steps;
1. Tap on the settings icon to initiate the process or open the phone’s settings app.
2. Scroll down the list of options and tap on the Google settings option.
3. Hit the google settings option when you scroll down.
4. Once the google account is open, choose the Personal Information option.
5. Scroll down the given list of options and tap on the Go to about me.
6. Click on the profile picture to remove the photo. The saved image will open for editing. Choose the no photo option.
How to remove picture from google account on iOS iPhone
Most people agree that Apple’s iOS operating system is not the easiest to use. Some people find it hard to comprehend how the system operates and get stuck while removing the profile picture in their Google accounts. Follow the following steps if you own an iPhone or iPad;
1. You must have installed the Gmail app on your iPhone to begin this process. Tap on the Gmail app and feed your login information into the provided spaces.
2. Click on the three parallel lines on the top of the app and scroll down the list of options.
3. Tap on the Settings to display a list of email addresses linked to your google account. Select the email address with the photo you want to remove.
4. The app will display the option of Manage your Google account. Tap on Personal information.
5. Under ‘Choose what others see,’ tap on the ‘Go to About me’ blue link.
6. Lastly, select the No photo option to remove the profile picture. Note that for privacy reasons, the server doesn’t store profile pictures, and therefore, the next time you message your friend, the profile picture will be missing.
Use the YouTube App to Remove Profile Picture from Google Account
This option seems a little strange, but it works. Some users complain that they still see a tiny image’s thumbnail appearing in their Gmail or YouTube accounts linked to their Google account. You can get rid of the thumbnail using YouTube in the following steps;
1. Type www.youtube.com into the search browser if you are using a desktop or a PC. You can tap on the red YouTube icon on your android and iOS devices. Log into your account with your Gmail Id if you aren’t already logged in.
2. Open your channel. Once logged in, your will see your profile photo in the upper right corner. Click on it and select Your Channel from the list of options. Your YouTube channel will appear. Click on it for the app to display the edit channel page.
3. Clicking on the Channel Icon will display the option of editing the channel below the Branding tab. When you click the Channel Icon, you will see an option to edit your channel icon under the Branding tab.
4. Select the remove or edit profile picture options to delete the thumbnail from the list of options.
Change Photo using Gmail App
You don’t need to be a computer guru to use this option. It is very easy and simple and should, in fact, have been the first option to try out. Here are the steps;
1. The first step is opening your Gmail account on your PC, Android, or iOS device. Start with login, although most users are usually signed into their Gmail accounts.
2. Once logged in, you will see your profile picture. Click on it to display the edit photo option. Click on it to edit the profile picture. Note that we had Remove photo options in the other steps, which is lacking in this one.
Are Cablemod Cables Worth It?
Cablemod cables are definitely worth the money. They are high quality and well-made, and they look great. They also have a lifetime warranty, so you can be sure that they will last. If you’re looking to spruce up your PC’s look with some flashy new…
Are All CPU Coolers Compatible With All Motherboards?
No, not all CPU coolers are compatible with all motherboards. There are three main types of CPU coolers: air, AIO (all-in-one), and custom water cooling. The type of cooler you need will depend on the type of motherboard you have. Air and AIO coolers will…