How to log out of my Google account on my mobile phone?
Google and the Android platform are closely interlinked because the first thing your new Android device demands is a Google account sign-in. However, it comes a time that you don’t feel comfortable with that arrangement and want to log out of the Google account.
Many factors may require you to log out of the Google account, such as losing your phone or you want to secure your data to avoid it falling into the wrong hands. This guide outlines an easy step-by-step process to log out of your Google account from your phone and also remotely. Read on.
Can you log out of a Google account from your phone?
The answer is a definite YES! Situations occur that can put your privacy at risk. For example, you may have signed into your Google account from a public cyber café and assumed that closing the tab signed you out of the account. Or, you may have accessed your Google account through shared devices, such as using a work computer and forgetting to log out.
Whatever the case, leaving a public or shared device logged into your Google account exposes you to huge privacy risks. Cybercrime is on the rise, and some clever hacker can steal your private files and other details and use them to commit cybercrimes in your name. Luckily, you can log out of those devices remotely using your mobile phone.
The following methods will help you log out of your Google account from your Android phone, iPhone, and other mobile devices such as tablets and iPads.
Ways to Log out Google Account from Phone
The following steps work for both Android and iOS systems;
How to log out of your Google account on an iPad/iPhone
Follow the following steps;
1. Open the mobile browser you regularly use and navigate to the Google homepage.
2. You will see your profile picture next to a three-by-three dot square in the top right corner. Clicking on the profile picture will open a menu with an option to add a new account and the Sign out just below it.
3. Tap on the Sign out button, and a pop-up will appear, prompting you to confirm if you are sure you want to Sign out. Confirm that you are sure you want to sign out, and you are done.
4. Once signed out, a blank image will appear where your profile picture should be.
Log out of your Google account from your Android phone
Logging out of your Google account from an Android smartphone or tablet is slightly different from other devices because you can’t sign out using a web browser. The only way to work around the problem is to log out from the Google account through the settings app.
1. Clicking on Settings will open a drop-down menu. Scroll down and tap on Accounts.
2. The accounts tab contains all the accounts associated with the device. Select Google.
3. On the bottom of your screen, you will see Remove account and Sync account options. Tap on Remove account to initiate the Sign out process.
If you have managed to log out of your Google account on your phone using the steps above, pat yourself on the back. However, one major obstacle remains. Logging out of your Google account on your phone doesn’t sign you out of your Gmail app, only your mobile browser. Let’s now learn how to log out of the Google account on the phone using the Gmail app.
How to Sign out of the Gmail App on iPhone and iPad
The Gmail app on your iOS phone offers you two options: either to remove your Gmail account entirely from the device or temporarily pause it.
1. Launch the Gmail app on your phone and tap on your Google profile picture, usually located next to “Search in emails” on the top right corner of your mobile screen.
2. Tap on the profile picture, and a menu will appear with “Add another account” and “Manage accounts on this device” options. Tap on the second option.
3. Clicking on “Manage accounts on this device” will open a list showing all accounts that you have added to your phone in the past. You still have a choice to temporarily disable the account by tapping on the button next to the account name or entirely removing it from your device.
4. Tap on the “Remove from this device” option to totally sign out of your Google account. A pop-up window will appear asking whether you are sure you want to remove the account or not. You will see the blue Cancel and Remove buttons at the bottom of the window.
5. Click on the Remove button to confirm.
6. You have now completely logged out of your Google account using the Gmail app on your iPhone. You should see a Done button on the Manage Accounts page. Tap on it to navigate back to the Gmail home screen.
How to Log Out Google Account on Android Phone using the Gmail App
The Android operating system and the Google account are so much intertwined that we couldn’t log you out of the Gmail account in the previous steps early in the article. The only effective option to completely log out of the Google and Gmail accounts on Android is using the Gmail app. Using the Settings options only logged you out of the browser but left you signed in to your Google account.
The process is not much different from logging out of your Gmail app on your iPhone. Here is how to do it;
1. Open the Gmail app on your Android phone or tablet. On the top right corner of your screen, you will see your profile picture.
2. Tap on your Google Profile in the Search bar to display another menu. Select Manage accounts on this device which is the second option. The device will show you all the accounts that you have ever added to that device.
3. Tap on the account you want to log out from and click the Remove button.
4. A pop-up window should appear, prompting you to revisit your decision. Tap on the blue Remove button next to Cancel to initiate the process.
5. Congratulations! You have now logged out of your Google account on your phone using the Gmail app.
How to clone a hard drive Windows 10?
Why should you clone your hard drive? The process of hard drive cloning offers several advantages, providing an efficient means to optimize your storage solutions. Cloning facilitates the creation of an exact replica of your hard drive, proving valuable for tasks such as data backup…
Top 3 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
The advent of instant messaging technology has revolutionized communication. With instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, people can now communicate faster and at a lower cost. When you decide to upgrade to the latest iPhone model, it’s important to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone for…