Dropbox migration tool is one of the best sharing and storage solution app there is on the market. It is the ideal app for your business as it allows you to easily move documents and files from the computer and onto a database in the cloud.
Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud storage systems on the market. Wondering how you can use the dropbox migration tool, read on to find out.
Important things to do before you use the dropbox migration tool
Before you rush to use the Dropbox migration tool, there are certain procedures you have to follow through for it to be successful. For starters, you have to inform your colleagues about the migration so that they don’t change files during the syncing process. You also have make sure that your computer has enough ample space before you start
It is also advisable that you start with active files that you use every day before you move the archived files. Lastly, for the migration process to move smoothly with less disruptions, it is best if you schedule for the migration process to take place overnight or on a weekend.
How to use the Dropbox migration tool
- Firstly you have to install the Dropbox app on your server computer. But before you do that, you have to make sure that you’re accessing the server directly.
- Once you have installed the app, sign in to the Dropbox desktop app with your Dropbox Business admin account credentials.
- When you have successfully signed in, an empty Dropbox folder will pop up on the main drive of your computer.
- Next, you can start setting up your folders in the Dropbox folder.
- From the server computer, copy or move from the server computer the folders you want to sync to Dropbox into the new folders you would have created.
- When the migration process is done, you have to invite other users to install the Dropbox application and signs in the app.
- Next, you have to set shared folder permissions for other users so that so that they will be able to access to shared folders.
- Last but not least, remotely sign out of Dropbox when you are done with the transfer.
NB: If you do not have sufficient space on your internal drive or your data is connected to an external drive, alternatively you can;
- Sync your files in batches and use selective sync
- Or you can simply move your Dropbox to the external drive.
- ● In addition, for the migration process to be successful you have logged in to the server computer until the whole migration process done.
To Wrap Up
In summation, with a Dropbox migration tool you can migrate data on huge scale rapidly and securely from either a cloud or an on-premises server. Furthermore, you get to save space and share files quickly. I hope this article will help you learn how you can use the dropbox migration tool to share and transfer data.
5 Reasons Why Developing an MVP is Essential For Any Project
We all know the stories about successful startups like LinkedIn, Whatsapp, Instagram, and many others. The truth is, though, most of the newly launched projects fail, and according to this post, 29% of the startups run out of money before they are even complete. In…
How Do I Use Dropbox Migration Tool?
Dropbox migration tool is one of the best sharing and storage solution app there is on the market. It is the ideal app for your business as it allows you to easily move documents and files from the computer and onto a database in the…